XCL are currently recruiting for a facilities management company that are wanting to take on an enthusiastic individual to join them as there Construction Manager. This candidate needs to specialise within Healthcare/Education within construction.
You will be working across all aspects of the company working closely with the business unit leads within Huddersfield office.
- Directly manage and oversee several construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and building regulations.
- Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Manage and coordinate staff levels to ensure the smooth delivery of construction projects and meet budget requirements.
- Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, programming, and valuations and estimating.
- Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards.
- Procure materials including hire and all other associated requirements for the delivery of the construction projects.
- Review projects on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Site Management team to ensure projects are completed on time and exceed the customer’s requirements.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with the client and their project team
- Hold a full driving licence, valid in the UK.
- A Bachelor’s degree in building science, quantity surveying, construction management, or associated recognised qualification relevant to the role.
- Previous experience within a competitive and successful surveying/commercial team or department.
- Excellent leadership, resource, project planning skills
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Superior management and delegation capabilities
- A positive and professional attitude.
- Previous experience of high level financial responsibilities
- Be able to clearly demonstrate previous working experience of projects within healthcare & education sectors
- Be advanced in the use of Microsoft packages including; Microsoft Project, Microsoft
- Excel, Microsoft Word & Microsoft Outlook.
- Have a flexible outlook towards hours worked (some out of hours working may be required).
- Have working knowledge of current Health and Safety practice.
If you would like more information on this role, please don't hesitate to get in touch with Amy Thornton at our Huddersfield Office on 01484 819900 or email@example.com