Estimator – Steel Structures
XCL Group are currently working with one of the UK’s leading sustainable frame contractors, specialising in design and delivery of hybrid structures that have been operating for over 46 years.
- Working in the specialist sub-contractor construction industry, the Estimator is responsible for compiling estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client, or potential client, with products or services.
- Working from architectural & structural drawings and specifications, the job involves assessing material, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Tender enquiries and budget quotations are requested from main contractors, Cost Consultants and Architects and the aim of the Estimator is to service these enquiries within a set time frame.
- Work is at times autonomous, with help and support provided by the Senior Estimator, Estimators & Internal Pre-Construction department.
- You will be responsible for ensuring you get the best price to win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, whilst ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably.
- You will be required to produce quality written and informative submissions supported by internally produced design and engineering documents in a timely manner.
- 2-3 years’ experience of estimating within a Steel background.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have experience of the construction industry and specifically, steel, glass and cladding knowledge.
- Excellent numerical, analytical, communication and organisational skills, commercial acumen, problem solving ability, IT skills, confidentiality and attention to detail are imperative.
For more information on this role please do not hesitate to contact Amy Thornton at XCL Group on 01484 819 900 or email@example.com