Injection Moulding Setter / Technician
Salary: £25000 - £30000
Our client based in the Oldham area requires an experienced Plastic Injection Moulder Process Setter to join their expanding team.
Our client is a large plastic injection moulders and have some new contracts in the pipeline with blue chip companies.
They are constantly moving with the times and are getting new robotics and machinery in on a regular basis to keep up with the workload. The role of the Injection Moulding Setter will be to set, condition, maintain & optimise several injection machines & oversee Robot program changes.
For this role, you must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of setting injection moulding machines and experience with process optimisation, tool setting, tool changes, basic machine maintenance and trouble shooting.
Hours will be rotating 6-2:30 / 2-10:30.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following requirements;.
- Significant experience in tool changes and processes to achieve quality standards.
- Experience in injection moulding and manufacturing processes.
- Quality control.
- Experience in working with and processing a variety of materials.
- Knowledge or experience in machine maintenance and fault finding.
- Familiar with Lean manufacturing and 5S Process.
- Adhering to Health and Safety regulations throughout the building.
- Liaise with Production Team Leader for production priorities.
- To carry out mould tool changes in accordance with the daily production plan.
- Produce first offs with necessary documentation and to drawing specification.
- Set up robots and change robot heads.
- To carry out mould tool sampling and produce sample reports/ setting sheets as necessary.
- Recommend modifications/ improvements to increase productivity, improve quality and/or reduce waste.
- To ensure that moulding processes are running correctly and to the correct cycle time.
- Trouble shoot processes and correct as necessary with documentation as required.
- Attend daily production meetings when required.
- Ensure the correct materials are available for production runs.
- To ensure that machines are left tidy and free of tools and equipment.
- To ensure the mould shop is tidy and all fire escapes are clear.
- To return mould tools to the correct location and ensure they are properly stored.
- To work with others (which may include Production Team Leaders, Operators, Maintenance Engineers) to set up, operate, maintain and debug any assigned equipment.
- Clean any assigned machinery as required.
- Ensure spares and consumables for moulding and machines are available and stock quantities are maintained.
- To promote, maintain and action 5S and lean management activities within relevant areas
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a company that is consistently investing within their team and would like the opportunity to progress.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact Jodie at the Huddersfield office on 01484 819900 or email@example.com