Salary: £50,000 - £70,000
Location: County Durham
Our client is looking for an Operations Director to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for directing and co-ordinating daily operations of production units, alongside Unit Managers and the Production Manager. The role will involve working directly with heads of department in production, engineering, procurement distribution, planning and administrators. The candidate will also be responsible for developing strategies that ensure production targets and quality standards are met within a minimal manufacturing cost.
- Responsible for all aspects of Quality, Cost, and Delivery.
- Responsible for producing customer lead times, planning resources, manning and work centre capacities through Clear Thinking IT system.
- Responsible for adherence to the requirements of the quality system and ensure teams are working to the approved standard operating procedures
- Ensure the safety of all of their direct reporting staff at all times, including key contact responsibilities in emergency situations, i.e. liaison with fire brigade.
- Achieving production targets throughout all units.
- Implements lean toolbox (i.e. OEE, 5S) in the workplace.
- Carry out all the relevant disciplinary procedures when required.
- The ability to communicate at all levels within the business.
- Motivate, coach and develop the teams to ensure all employees can contribute to the business as a whole.
- A good knowledge of the Lean tools and disciplines’.
- Ability to work additional hours, including weekend stock takes, as and when required by the needs of the business.
- Take direct responsibility for logistics.
Must have Skills, Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications in:
- Proven track record of managing and analysing data in many forms.
- Ability to work with computers, including word processing, spreadsheets and data base.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- The ability to manage effectively.
- Problem solving skills.
- IT skills word / excel / PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to evaluate and make decisions.
- Organisational / changes management skills.
- Knowledge Lean manufacturing tools.
- Interpersonal skills (ability to communicate at all levels).
- Numerical skills.
- HNC/HND qualification in Supervisory Management.
The successful candidate will also display the following traits in behaviour:
- Be motivated to pursue the company goals, whilst motivating others
- Value creativity and innovation
- Work in a way that demonstrates your own values and integrity
- Take responsibility for your actions and behaviours
- Value the contribution of others
If you would like more information on this role please contact Jodie Woodhead at our Huddersfield office on 01484 819900 or Jodie.firstname.lastname@example.org