Senior Quantity Surveyor & Quantity Surveyor
Purpose and Scope:
Currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to be based at head office and will also work at site as and when required. The surveyor will be reporting to a Senior Surveyor, they will be carrying out duties and responsibilities as described further below.
- The candidate will be qualified to degree/HND or HNC in Quantity Surveying or a similar commercial degree in construction.
- A full valid driving licence.
- Will need to be CSCS qualified.
Responsibilities & Duties Include:
Generally helping the Senior Quantity Surveyor and projects team in managing the commercial processes at the factory, office and site, including but not limited to the following:
- Communicating with the senior surveyor on a daily basis advising of any issues that may affect the cost, value or period of the project.
- Be able to communicate Contract/Sub-Contract advice to site based staff, eg procedures such as how notification of a change is recorded etc.
- Risk management – help and facilitate the construction team to identify cost and manage risk to minimise the impact to the project.
- Keeping accurate relevant records including records of plant on/off hire, records of labour hours and numbers, records of any potential client contra charges etc.
- Ensure subcontract accounts are managed within budgets and subcontracts/final accounts are signed and agreed in a timely manner.
- Collate commercial information for drafting Cost Value Reconciliations on a monthly basis to deadlines.
- Placement of subcontract orders to our standard terms including placement of ITT’s and ensuring notices and payment are made on time.
- Dealing with Subcontract disputes and ensuring payment notices are in place and in line with current legislation.
- Timely and properly recorded Applications to Clients.
- Producing Project Variations including tracking documents and assessment of value taken to monthly Cost Value Reconciliation document.
- Final Accounts – early assessment of and timely submission of final accounts giving regular updates to the client to ensure expectations are aligned.
- Taking-off quantities to help build up a cost data base to assist the Business Development team.
- Assessment of turnover at month end.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A good knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Budget handling skills.
- Excellent IT and maths skills.
- A methodical approach to work.
- Good organisational skills.
- A good understanding of Building Regulations and other legal guidelines.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team
If you would like more information on this role please contact Amy Thornton at the Huddersfield Office on 01484 819900 or firstname.lastname@example.org