As a Field Sales Executive, you will be responsible for making the first initial contact with new potential clients, and identifying and creating new business opportunities.
Typical duties of the role may vary depending on whether your initial contact will be followed up by other sales personnel, or if you will be required to act as an account manager for your clients. However, you may expect to carry out the following activities:
- Be a key ambassador for the company, promoting the business positively
- Cold calling and door-to-door sales
- Effectively communicate the benefits of your products/services
- Establish and develop relationships with new and existing customers
- Continually develop your product knowledge to ensure you can answer all customer queries
- Provide a high level of customer service, being appreciative and understanding of the needs of all clients.
The typical rate for a Field Sales Executive may be anywhere from £18,000 to £30,000, depending on your experience and the seniority of the position. Some roles may also offer the opportunity to earn commission on top of your hourly or annual pay.
Required Skills & Experience
To be successful in an outbound sales role, you will need to be a confident, motivated and a target driven person who enjoys building relationships.
The skills and experience that many employers will require of their field sales executives are:
- A strong desire and the motivation to work in an outbound sales role
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to effectively and confidently communicate product information and benefits
- Excellent customer service skills
- A friendly and professional telephone manner and good listening skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage yourself on a day to day basis
- Depending on the position, you may be required to have previous sales experience, although this is not always essential.
XCL are experts at helping skilled sales executives find their ideal jobs within fast paced, ambitious businesses. We’ll get to know you, your key skills and career goals to identify the jobs and employers that are best for you.
If you’re looking for your next role, apply for our current Field Sales Executive in Huddersfield & Bradford job vacancy or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.