Description and Responsibilities
Quality Control Inspectors oversee production and ensure that work is completed to a high standard and in a compliant manner.
Your main responsibilities may differ depending on the company you work for and the sector they operate in. However, some of the main duties of a Quality Control Inspector may be:
- Inspect all manufactured products/parts for production compliance, and to check whether goods are fit for purpose
- Check products against technical drawings where required
- Ensure all necessary inspection tools/equipment are in place to enable accurate inspection of all items
- Make or offer suggestions on changes to improve the manufacturing process
- Approve finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual, technical/measurement tests, and where necessary, returning products for improvement
- Liaise with and advise operational teams regarding compliance
- Administration of all incoming related documentation, purchase orders, drawings, delivery notes, material certification and certificates of conformity
The salary of a Quality Control Inspector can vary depending on the seniority of the position, required experience and location of the job. Typically, you may expect to earn between £13,000 and £25,000, however more senior Quality Control Inspectors may earn up to £50,000.
Required Skills and Experience
The exact requirements for a job as a Quality Control Inspector will vary depending on the individual role, but some of the common skills and experience that an employer may look for are:
- At least one year’s experience working in quality control
- Good working knowledge and experience in the sector you will be working in, e.g. textiles, engineering, automotive etc.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices and relevant legislation
XCL are experts at helping skilled Quality Control Inspectors to find new jobs with some of the UK’s leading manufacturers. We’ll get to know you, your skills and experience to make sure we only ever put you forward for roles that are the most suitable for you.
If you’re looking for your next job, send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about our current quality control vacancies.