Description and Responsibilities
As a Shopfitter, you will be responsible for carrying out all works associated with typical internal commercial and retail fit-outs. While your duties may vary depending on the specific project and the needs of the client, your job is likely to include:
- Installing servery counters, furniture and equipment
- Installing vinyl window and wall signage
- Second fix joinery
- Ceiling fixing and partitioning
- Working alongside third party contractors to ensure tasks are completed on time and to the required standards
Pay for a Shopfitter, again, may vary depending on the company, project and location. However, you may expect to earn between £130 and £160 per day.
Required Skills and Experience
To become a shopfitter, many employers will require that you have:
- The ability to work from drawings
- Good problem solving skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Valid CSCS card. Typically, you will need the Blue Skilled Worker card, however this will depend on your qualifications and the requirements of the individual position
Strong knowledge of current Health & Safety practices and regulation
- Full UK driving licence
XCL are experts at helping experienced Shopfitters find their next job with busy contractors, working on prestigious commercial projects throughout the UK. We’ll get to know you, your skills and experience and only ever come to you with jobs and projects we genuinely think you’ll be interested in.
If you’re looking for a new job, send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about our current Shopfitter job vacancies.