In the next decade, the employment of software developers is predicted to grow by 21%. With the ever-increasing demand for software developers, we’ve put together an overview of two of the most popular software job vacancies available at XCL - Full Stack Developers and Firmware Developers.
Full Stack Developers
As the name suggests, Full Stack Developers have mastered all the techniques involved in a development project - including front-end and back-end development.
Although your day-to-day responsibilities will vary depending on the project you’re working on, it’s likely your role as a Full Stack Developer will involve the following activities:
- Working closely with stakeholders to develop complete software solutions
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle - from requirements gathering and project scoping to design and release
- End-to-end testing and system support
- Embrace continuous improvement
- Share knowledge and experiences with team members
Typically, as a Full Stack Developer you can expect to earn between £23,000 and £45,000 per annum, depending on your experience and the seniority of the position.
To be successful in a Full Stack Developer role, you will need to have a good understanding of front-end technology, back-end development languages and be equally comfortable developing both client and server software.
The skills and experience that many employers will require of their Full Stack Developers are:
- SQL server experience
- NET building business applications
- Angular experience
- Commercial experience with C# and .NET
- MVC experience
Firmware developers are software engineers that are responsible for the design, development and implementation of software for specific applications and systems.
As a Firmware Developer your typical duties may vary depending on the project and employer. However, your responsibilities may include the following activities:
- Design, implementation, testing and maintenance of firmware on products
- Designing, developing, coding, testing and debugging software
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Work with mobile and cloud developers to create complex products that cover multiple technologies and platforms
- Write and maintain technical documentation
In the UK, Firmware Developers can expect to earn between £21,000 and £35,000 per annum, depending on experience and the seniority of the position.
In addition to the development and implementation of software for specific systems and applications, Firmware Developers must have a good understanding of how to plan, improve and manage software applications from inception to use.
Many employers require their Firmware Developers to have the following skills and experience:
- Development experience in C or C++
- Object oriented languages such as C++, C# & Python
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP Protocols, Interfaces &
- Hardware subsystems
- Comfortable reading schematics and datasheets
- Good problem-solving skills
XCL are currently recruiting for a range of exciting software developer roles, to learn more about each role, simply click the link below:
XCL are experts at helping skilled workers find jobs within fast paced, ambitious organisations. After getting to know you, your skills and career goals, we’ll work together to identify the jobs and employers that are best for you.
To view all of our permanent and temporary job opportunities across Yorkshire and Greater Manchester, click here. Or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com and one of our specialist recruitment consultants will be in touch regarding our upcoming vacancies.