Description and Responsibilities
As a Sales Account Manager, you will be responsible for taking the lead on managing customer relationships and identifying ways to explore new markets. The role may vary depending on the individual company and the sectors you operate in, however, some of the common duties are to:
- Maintain and develop existing customer accounts
- Develop new business and build relationships with prospective customers
- Manage the sales funnel, from opportunity identification to closure
- Contribute to quote preparation, with a focus on profitability
- Engage with specialist teams where appropriate to upsell services and better meet customer needs.
An Account Manager’s salary can vary based on the seniority of the position, the organisation and location, and the size of the customer accounts you manage, however you may expect to earn between £30,000 and £50,000 per annum.
Required Skills and Experience
To become a Sales Account Manager, you will be required to have at least one year’s experience in a sales or account management role, or at least three years’ experience in strategic account management for a more senior position. Some of the other skills you may be required to have are:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- The ability to build rapport with potential new clients as well as strong relationships internally
- Ability to demonstrate commercial understanding and awareness
- Some employers may also require you to have a good working knowledge of their sector/similar products and services.
XCL are experts at helping experienced Sales Account Managers find their next jobs within fast paced, ambitious companies. We’ll get to know you, your skills and experience to identify the vacancies, and organisations, that are best suited to you.
If you’re looking for a new job, send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about our current account management jobs.